Due to the current situation we would be grateful for your cooperation over the coming weeks and months. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as much as possible.
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature (above 37.8c)
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact your GP or 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you are managing your symptoms at home.
Only contact your GP (or NHS 24 if your surgery is closed) re coronavirus if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
For the most up to date coronavirus information, including advice about staying at home, visit NHS Inform.
If you don’t have symptoms and are looking for general information, you can phone the free helpline on: 0800 028 2816.
March 16th, 2020