NHS Pharmacy First Scotland
What is NHS Pharmacy First Scotland?
- NHS Pharmacy First Scotland is an NHS service provided by your local community pharmacy (a pharmacy with a contract to provide NHS prescriptions and services).
- If you have a minor illness, a pharmacy is the first place you should go for advice.
- You do not usually need an appointment and you can go to any pharmacy.
- Your pharmacist can give you advice for a minor illness, and medicine if they think you need it.
Your pharmacist can advise you about conditions such as:
- Athlete’s foot
- Blocked or runny nose
- Cold sores
- Cystitis (in women)
- Haemorrhoids (piles)
- Hay fever
- Mouth ulcers
- Period pain
- Some skin conditions such as cellulitis or insect bites
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infections (UTI’s)
For further information on this service, you can visit NHSInform.